new! balayage color service
BALAYAGE is a hair coloring technique which is designed to create natural-looking highlights which grow out without developing a noticeable and obvious root.
This coloring technique emerged in Paris in the 1970s and the word Balayage is French for to sweep, a reference to the way in which the color is applied. The result is a chunky but soft highlight which looks naturally sun-bleached, and as the hair grows out, the root will be concealed for the first few months by the thinner color applied
to the base of the hair.
Chrysta Bell is a performing artist, recording artist, and model who incorporates dynamic theatrical and multimedia elements into unforgettable performance experiences.
Color appointments vary in length from1.5 hours to 3.5 hours (or longer) including processing time, but not styling time. Please add a specially priced "blow dry after color" (15$-$25) if you are not getting a cut. Pricing can be found in the menu of services on the book now page. Some things to keep in mind when price shopping:
- A "color" is roots to ends. If it is a retouch, it is priced to include bespoke color balancing. Color Balancing: A technique to balance the tone and vibrancy of mid-lengths and ends with the color at the root for the desired effect, using multiple shades and products, if necessary, to achieve color harmony. Does not lighten dark ends, and does not include corrective color.
- A "Highlight" is typically done with foil; uses multiple shades; and varies color placement and technique for a bespoke dimensional color effect. Double-herringbone placement and ultra-fine weaves and slices produce a result which is soft and natural, not streaky, and lasts longer as the transition is softer at the regrowth.
- Full Highlight vs Half Highlight: Adrian's half highlight is 3/4 of the head, including everything but the nape, and is sufficient for most. Coloring between the foils is an additional $60.
- Balayage, Sombre, etc: These modern looks all have in common a soft transition from roots to ends, for a natural, sometimes beachy look that lasts and lasts. They may be achieved with varying techniques included foils with dropped bases; classic balayage; flamboyage meche; back-combing and tinting; babylights, and more. Book a full highlight to schedule.
- Pricing is based on average hair. Additional charges may apply for overly long or thick hair, and for corrective work.
Adrian offers a complete menu of color services, specializing in natural-looking multicolor highlights, sophisticated color placement, balayage, and sombre. If you don't see what you are looking for, please inquire. If you have a question prior to scheduling, please complete the form on the contact page for a quick response. You can also e-mail a photo to Adrian separately of what you are looking for. It is helpful also to include a current image of yourself, with as much information as possible regarding any color enhancements currently in your hair.
professional color brands
Adrian's range of technique is supported by the finest professional coloration available worldwide, featuring Schwarzkopf Professional color with so many inter-mixable shades to choose from. Multiple lines within the brand offer innovative, cutting-edge technology to address specific needs, including BlondMe and the New Igora Royal High Definition Color.
Adrian offers Ammonia free, tone-on-tone color options. Igora Vibrance and Vibrance Gloss from Schwarzkopf Professional provide incredible shine and vibrancy, and are the perfect choice for subtle or vibrant color changes, or when covering gray hair for the first time. Adrian uses Vibrance in most color retouch applications to harmonize with the permanent color applied at the root. This color balancing technique balances the tone and vibrancy of mid-lengths and ends with the color at the root for the desired effect.
Elumen by Goldwell is a high performance, oxidant-free permanent translucent color that is used in special applications.